Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Here we go!

My friend Teri came to me with the idea of doing a documentary about a month ago, on me.  Of course I thought she was joking...but here we are doing this.  Right now I think it's scary, putting yourself out there for everyone to here about the worst times in your life that you tried countless times to drink out of your memory.  It is not all about rainbows and unicorns.  This is about addiction and primarily alcoholism.  I have come to a point in my recovery where I want to tell my story.  I have been judged in the court of public opinion so many times and gave in to it, never believing there was a better life for me.  Well there is another way, there is hope and it is happening now! 
       Teri told me to just start writing and I hope someone, anyone starts asking me questions or else I will be babbling on and on and on.  I got a good pool workout in this morning, had two appointments and a meeting.  My bike ride was postponed due to my youngest being asked to leave daycare today.  He is a spitfire...has a good heart but a natural born football player I believe.  The boys (my youngest and oldest) played and played in the sprinkler.  It reminded me of how beautiful the simple things are, how happy I was to do the same when I was little.  I couldn't enjoy anything for a long time.  Now I intend to love the hell out of every tiny little moment I am blessed with.
       To end this post I will just say that today I didn't pick up, and don't plan on it.  I am no better than anyone out there struggling with addiction whether they are clean and sober or not.  We are all just one drink or use away from a drunk or a high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment